The January Intersession Program provides the opportunity for undergraduate students to earn academic credit, as well as a chance for independent or adult students to study abroad for professional development or career advancement.
- Florence, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Winter Semester
- Program Description:
- The January Intersession Program provides the opportunity for undergraduate students to earn academic credit, as well as a chance for independent or adult students to study abroad for professional development or career advancement. Students can enroll in one or two classes during the January session. No excursions are included during the January Intersession Program. If this program is taken along with a semester program, a discount is applied. Pre-Departure Services: Advising, @api Online Resources, Orientation Materials and Support, Mobile Phone, Peer Mentors, Social Networking, Scholarships On-Site Services: Airport Reception, Resident Directors and Staff, API Center, Housing (including meals and laundry with host families), Tuition, Tutoring, Language and Culture Tools, Medical and Life Insurance, Excursions (overnight and international), Social and Cultural Activities, Welcome and Farewell Group Meals, Volunteer Opportunities Re-Entry Services: Re-Entry Materials and Support, Post-Program Evaluation, Transcript, Alumni Network and Development Opportunities
- Setting Description:
- Florence, located in the renowned region of Tuscany, is situated on the banks of the Arno River, surrounded by the rolling hills of the Italian countryside. To study and live in Florence is to walk the streets of Dante, Brunelleschi, Giotto and many other contributors to the arts and humanities. Here students can soak up the culture and history of this great city while learning Italian and studying in buildings from centuries past. Established in the 9th century BC, Florence is perhaps best known as one of the birthplaces of the Italian Renaissance at the end of the 14th Century. It is a city that welcomes visitors, scholars, artists and students to walk her streets, relive past discoveries in the arts and sciences, and glimpse the rich history that permeates every inch of the city. Students in Florence experience the city with others from around the world who share a passion for learning.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.80 G.P.A. *Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors *Open to all levels of Italian speakers
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $450,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program