- Dunedin, New Zealand
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
API students in Dunedin will have the opportunity to study at New Zealand’s oldest university – the University of Otago. The University of Otago has been rated by international students as one of the top universities in New Zealand in terms of quality of learning, living, support, and student services. API students will study alongside “Kiwis” and other international students. There are also opportunities for fieldwork and research in the areas of marine and geological sciences. For more information on these options, contact the API office.
Courses in New Zealand are commonly referred to as “papers.” Introductory papers are called 100-level papers; subsequent years or semesters are considered 200- and 300-level papers. 400-level papers are considered at the graduate level. Most papers are single-semester and are worth 18 points (credits). 54-72 points per semester can be regarded as an average course load. Students will enroll in 3-4 papers per semester depending on each paper’s point value for approximately 12-16 U.S. semester credits.
- Setting Description:
- Dunedin (population 120,000), is the second-largest city on New Zealand’s South Island. Dunedin and the surrounding area are widely known as an eco-tourism destination, and a great jumping-off point for outdoor recreational activities such as hiking, skiing, trekking, and kayaking. The city is very easy to navigate for pedestrians, and its lively central shopping district is within walking distance of campus. Come study abroad with API in Dunedin and see why this city is a favorite for Kiwi students!
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- *3.0 G.P.A. *Open to sophomores, juniors and seniors
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $450,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program