- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
This program is a unique opportunity for students interested in teaching Spanish or English as a second language in their future careers. This program combines an internship in a bilingual primary school in Buenos Aires with a course in teaching Spanish as a second language. This combination of theoretical instruction and practical experience will increase understanding of teaching methodology and how a second language is acquired.
Students will observe and participate in classroom learning through the practical, internship component. This experience will not only enhance students’ CV but also give them an advantage when applying for a teaching job.
An upper intermediate level of Spanish proficiency is required. All students must take a written placement test online and complete an oral interview to determine if they are eligible for this program.
- Setting Description:
- Buenos Aires has evolved into a thriving, cosmopolitan city with more than 6 million inhabitants within the city limits and another 6 million in the surrounding areas. Known for its vibrant nightlife, where tango thrives in tangueras, milongas and cultural centers, Buenos Aires offers a dazzling array of learning opportunities, cultural events and social attractions. The seat of the national government, Buenos Aires presents a unique opportunity to analyze the politics and history of this complex and fascinating country. Universities, museums, theatres, shopping districts, and restaurants abound in this metropolis, described by many as the Paris of Latin America.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.75 GPA *Open to rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors *Must have an upper intermediate level of Spanish proficiency (or higher)
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program