- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Year Round
- Program Description:
Students interested in studying abroad in Buenos Aires and completing courses alongside Argentine peers within an urban university are ideally suited for this program. Students can select from 16 courses offered in English with local Argentine students, or complete courses specially designed for visiting international students, including Spanish language. Advanced Spanish speakers may choose to complete integrated courses in Spanish with local students.
Universidad del Salvador, the host university, is integrated within the surrounding city and its buildings are all located within ten blocks of one another in the center of Buenos Aires, in the neighborhoods of Recoleta and Congreso
Students have the option of taking a service-learning course reviewing Urban Inequalities in Latin America during this program. An early start option also allows students to take an intensive Spanish language course prior to starting the semester.
- Setting Description:
- Buenos Aires has evolved into a thriving, cosmopolitan city with more than 6 million inhabitants within the city limits and another 6 million in the surrounding areas. Known for its vibrant nightlife, where tango thrives in tangueras, milongas and cultural centers, Buenos Aires offers a dazzling array of learning opportunities, cultural events and social attractions.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, Learning and Development Badge Program and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.75 GPA *Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors *One year of Spanish language background required to take coursework in English *Five semesters of college-level Spanish required for courses in Spanish
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.