- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Established in 1964, the Universidad de Belgrano (UB) now enrolls approximately 11,500 students, including 2,000 international students. Located in the charming and picturesque neighborhood of Belgrano, the university offers 24 different degrees, both at the undergraduate and the graduate level. It has a long history of welcoming international students and offering dual degrees with U.S. universities. The academic programs at the Universidad de Belgrano are suitable for all students regardless of language level; there are options for students ranging from beginning to advanced levels of Spanish.
The Intensive Language Program is designed for students who want to study Spanish language only, as there are no cultural electives offered within this program. Students complete a total of 100 contact hours per 4-week summer session. Though 45 contact hours generally equate to three semester credits, students are cautioned that U.S. universities may award fewer credits for each Spanish course than the high number of contact hours may suggest.
- Setting Description:
- Founded in the 1500s by Spanish conquistadores, Buenos Aires has evolved into a thriving, cosmopolitan city with more than 6 million inhabitants within the city limits and another 6 million in the surrounding areas. Known for its vibrant nightlife, where tango thrives in tangueras, milongas and cultural centers, Buenos Aires offers a dazzling array of learning opportunities, cultural events and social attractions. The seat of the national government, Buenos Aires presents a unique opportunity to analyze the politics and history of this complex and fascinating country. Universities, museums, theatres, shopping districts, and restaurants abound in this metropolis, described by many as the Paris of Latin America.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, Learning and Engagement Badge Program and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.5 G.P.A. *Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors *Open to all levels of Spanish speakers
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program