- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Established in 1964, the Universidad de Belgrano (UB) now enrolls approximately 11,500 students, including 2,000 international students. Located in the charming and picturesque neighborhood of Belgrano, the university offers 24 different degrees, both at the undergraduate and the graduate level. It has a long history of welcoming international students and offering dual degrees with U.S. universities. The academic programs at the Universidad de Belgrano are suitable for all students regardless of language level; there are options for students ranging from beginning to advanced levels of Spanish.
The Intensive Language Program is designed for students who want to quickly advance their Spanish skills. There are no cultural electives offered within this program; students complete a series of intensive Spanish language courses. Students can expect to advance a minimum of two levels during the semester.
- Setting Description:
- Founded in the 1500s by Spanish conquistadores, Buenos Aires has evolved into a thriving, cosmopolitan city with more than 6 million inhabitants within the city limits and another 6 million in the surrounding areas. Known for its vibrant nightlife, where tango thrives in tangueras, milongas and cultural centers, Buenos Aires offers a dazzling array of learning opportunities, cultural events and social attractions. The seat of the national government, Buenos Aires presents a unique opportunity to analyze the politics and history of this complex and fascinating country. Universities, museums, theatres, shopping districts, and restaurants abound in this metropolis, described by many as the Paris of Latin America.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, Learning and Engagement Badge Program and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.5 G.P.A. *Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors *Open to all levels of Spanish speakers
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Based on 1 Reviews
- Take me back to BA!05/04/20
I always knew that I wanted to study abroad, and when I got the chance...API made my experience above and beyond what I ever expected it to be. Buenos Aires is such an amazing city with things to do every single day. I was there for 5 months and I still
didn't see everything the city had to offer. I did the extensive language program at Universidad de Belgrano and I would highly recommend this program if you are looking to improve your Spanish. You basically go to Argentina a month before the 'normal' fall/spring semester students arrive for the semester classes. During this extensive month, you get placed into a language level and have class at the university for about 4-5 hours a day strictly working on grammar and improving your Spanish speaking skills. It sounds like a lot of grammar and may sound boring, but the professors know how to teach their native language in such a fun and interactive way that grammar was actually fun to learn :) API also spends a lot of time and cares about your host family. I got lucky and got placed with a wonderful host Mom, but if you are ever placed in a house where you don't feel comfortable/don't fit in, API is dedicated to making an arrangement for you to switch to another host family. Jimena and Carmen (the native Argentina residents that will help you along your entire trip) are the most amazing women. They care about you as if you were their child and make sure that you are safe and getting all of the assistance that you need. If you are stuck choosing between two countries on where to study abroad and Argentina is one of them, I HIGHLY recommend you choose it. There are so many beautiful sights to see in that area of South America and not to mention, the natives of Argentina are so friendly and patient. My study abroad trip truly was the most amazing experience because of API, and I can't wait to go back one day.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend