- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Established formally as a university in 1991, the Universidad Torcuato di Tella (UTDT) grew out of an existing research institution known as the Instituto Torcuato di Tella, founded in 1958. Modeled after the tradition of an American liberal arts institution, this small private university is also based in the Belgrano neighborhood within Buenos Aires, a charming area of tree-lined streets and private residences. UTDT prides itself on its research capabilities and the quality of its professors, the majority of whom hold advanced degrees from American or European universities. The university offers degrees in law, architecture, economics and business, international relations, political science and government, and history.
The Universidad Torcuato di Tella is known among Argentines for its academic quality. Students will enjoy the benefits of a small-campus feel and small to moderate class sizes. The Humanities and Social Sciences Program offers two tracks: one for students who prefer to take some or all coursework in English and an advanced track for students who prefer to take all of their coursework in Spanish. Regardless of the track selected, all students selecting the early start option will begin the program with a four-week, intensive Spanish language and Argentine culture course (equivalent to four U.S. semester credits). This course is designed to help visiting international students review grammatical concepts, perfect their writing and gain a more in-depth view of Argentine life and culture.
- Setting Description:
- Founded in the 1500s by Spanish conquistadores, Buenos Aires has evolved into a thriving, cosmopolitan city with more than 6 million inhabitants within the city limits and another 6 million in the surrounding areas. Known for its vibrant nightlife, where tango thrives in tangueras, milongas and cultural centers, Buenos Aires offers a dazzling array of learning opportunities, cultural events and social attractions. The seat of the national government, Buenos Aires presents a unique opportunity to analyze the politics and history of this complex and fascinating country. Universities, museums, theatres, shopping districts, and restaurants abound in this metropolis, described by many as the Paris of Latin America.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, Learning and Engagement Badge Program and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 3.0 G.P.A. *Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors *Open to students who have completed five semesters of college-level Spanish, or the equivalent
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program