- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Established in 1964, the Universidad de Belgrano (UB) now enrolls approximately 11,500 students, including 2,000 international students. Located in the charming and picturesque neighborhood of Belgrano, the university offers 24 different degrees, both at the undergraduate and the graduate level. It has a long history of welcoming international students and offering dual degrees with U.S. universities. The academic programs at the Universidad de Belgrano are suitable for all students regardless of language level; there are options for students ranging from beginning to advanced levels of Spanish.
Students interested in Argentine and Latin American culture, economics, history, and politics are ideally suited to the study abroad in Buenos Aires in API’s Program of Argentine and Latin American Studies. The program caters to students at all levels of Spanish. No Spanish background required to take coursework in English. Students selecting the Early Start option complete an intensive Spanish language course prior to the start of the standard semester. Students with advanced Spanish language skills are welcome to select as many as 4 courses with Argentine students.
- Setting Description:
- Founded in the 1500s by Spanish conquistadores, Buenos Aires has evolved into a thriving, cosmopolitan city with more than 6 million inhabitants within the city limits and another 6 million in the surrounding areas. Known for its vibrant nightlife, where tango thrives in tangueras, milongas and cultural centers, Buenos Aires offers a dazzling array of learning opportunities, cultural events and social attractions. The seat of the national government, Buenos Aires presents a unique opportunity to analyze the politics and history of this complex and fascinating country. Universities, museums, theatres, shopping districts, and restaurants abound in this metropolis, described by many as the Paris of Latin America.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.5 G.P.A. *Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors *No Spanish background required to take coursework in English *Advanced-level Spanish proficiency required for courses in Spanish
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.