- Budapest, Hungary
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
API students complete their classes within the International Study Programs (ISP) department of the Corvinus University of Budapest. All students who have not previously studied Hungarian are required to take a Hungarian language course. Students are automatically placed into a beginning level class. Students who have previously studied Hungarian should contact the API office. Language courses are taught in Hungarian and are worth 3 semester credits; all other courses are taught in English and are worth 1.5 to 3 semester credits. The courses are designed for American and other international students. Students who wish to take more than 15 semester credits may do so for an additional fee. API students are required to pre-register for courses prior to arrival, and official registration takes place on-site. Students are asked to indicate their choices in order of preference on the application form. NOTE: The course selection is subject to change and enrollment in specific courses can only be guaranteed upon formal registration at the university. Some courses may require a minimum enrollment, and not all courses are offered each semester. Some courses may have prerequisites. In these cases, equivalent coursework and/or experience may be considered. API recommends that students obtain pre-approval for all of their course selections and alternates prior to departure. Some classes may fill early. The sooner students apply, the better the chance at enrolling in their preferred classes.
- Setting Description:
- Budapest is considered by many to be one of the hidden treasures of Europe. It is a thriving city of modern bridges, cafes and markets amid an eclectic mix of architectural styles that reflect Budapest’s unique history. The Danube River splits the city of Budapest into its two halves, Buda and Pest. On the Buda side, Castle Hill, the Royal Palace and Old Town are sites not to be missed. Wait until darkness falls for a breathtaking view of the river with the lights of the seven bridges, the castle and the Parliament building reflected on the water. Pest is the political and economic heart of the city. Its main symbol is the Parliament, which is one of the most recognizable structures in Budapest. Visitors should explore the central market for anything from souvenirs to dinner, or visit one of Budapest’s renowned thermal baths.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, Learning and Engagement Badge Program and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.5 G.P.A. *Students must be currently enrolled in a U.S. or foreign university *Open to freshmen (2nd semester), sophomores, juniors and seniors *Open to all levels of Hungarian speakers
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program