- Brisbane, Australia; Gold Coast, Australia
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Griffith University was founded in 1971 with the goal of offering new degrees in progressive fields such as Asian studies and environmental science. It has since grown in to a large, comprehensive, and research-intensive university, ranking in the top 5% of universities worldwide. API students at Griffith will be able to take courses with Australian and other international students in a number of subject areas, including business, criminology, education, health, sciences, and more! Students can take courses at one of two main campuses – the Nathan Campus (Brisbane) or the Gold Coast Campus.
Courses at Griffith University consist of a mixture of lectures and tutorials. Laboratory and field experience may also be key components of specific subjects. Generally, lectures meet 1-2 times per week in large lecture halls, whereas tutorials are typically conducted once per week in smaller groups. Self-directed study and outside reading are also important components of the course structure.
- Setting Description:
- Recently called the “World’s Best Downtown,” Brisbane is the capital of the state of Queensland and the 3rd largest city in Australia. A cosmopolitan city, nearly 30% of its inhabitants were born outside of Australia. Brisbane is home to over 2.3 million Australians, and is one of the oldest cities in the country. The Gold Coast is the 2nd most populous city in Queensland, and is a major tourist destination with its miles of sunny, beautiful beaches and waterways. Experience two of Queensland’s gems through study abroad in Brisbane and the Gold Coast with API!
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, Learning and Engagement Badge Programand more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.5 G.P.A. *Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program