- Bilbao, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Established in 1886, the University of Deusto is located in the heart of the city. Students study Spanish at the university’s department for visiting students, the Centro Internacional de Español (CIDE). Located across from the Guggenheim Museum, the University of Deusto has an enrollment of 14,000 undergraduate and graduate students offering numerous specialized diplomas, masters and Ph.D. programs. The University of Deusto also offers a variety of extracurricular opportunities for students, including athletic and social clubs. Internships in business and education, and a Spanish language in context practicum (focusing on cuisine and drama) are available for credit as well.
This program is designed for business, marketing, and sociology majors and minors, as well as students with an interest in international relations, who want to complete courses in their major while studying abroad in Bilbao, Spain. Students choose five courses in such disciplines as Spanish language, business, international relations, or economics. Each student’s Spanish level is based on a placement exam administered upon arrival by the University of Deusto. Additional options include the opportunity to take courses with Spanish students, practicums, and internships.
- Setting Description:
- From its quiet beginnings as a seaside fishing and trading port in the 14th century, to its rise as a leader in Spain’s industrial revolution, Bilbao has long demonstrated its ability to renew itself. Today, Bilbao is at the heart of Basque education, business, culture and fine art. Whether students are studying Spanish or creating art, they are immersed in the energy of this artistically rich city. The new symbol of Bilbao is the Guggenheim Museum, which was designed by architect Frank Gehry. Students can visit the Casco Viejo (the old quarter), filled with shops and restaurants, and also explore the newer side of Bilbao, with its modern architecture. Bilbao is also home to the Cathedral of Santiago, the Basilíca de Begoña, the Museu Vasco and the Museo de Bellas Artes. These sites and many more await API students who choose to explore one of Spain’s most fascinating cities.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, Learning and Engagement Badge Program and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.75 G.P.A. *Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors *Open to beginning, intermediate, advanced and superior level Spanish speakers
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program