- Berlin, Germany
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Students in the summer language and culture program at the International Language School of the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin may choose from a number of challenging courses including art history, German and regional studies, cinema, and more. Instruction is in German, and is generally geared toward intermediate and advanced level students, though there is an option course for high-beginning level students. Most courses spend one half to two-thirds of the time on language instruction and practice, while the remainder of the time (generally afternoon lectures) are involved with a specific cultural lectures, site visits, etc.
Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin (Humboldt University) was founded in 1810 by Prussian educator Wilhelm von Humboldt. Today it is one of the top universities in Germany and among the 150 best in the world. API students have the opportunity to immerse themselves in top-level German language instruction through short-term January and summer programs.
- Setting Description:
- A city once divided, Berlin lies at the heart of Germany – literally and figuratively. While it is the second most populous city in Europe (metropolitan area notwithstanding), it maintains a more tranquil feel than other large cities, as 1/3 of the city is composed of forests, gardens, and parks. Berlin is not only the political capital of Germany, but arguably one of Europe’s capitals of art, culture, and politics. Designated a UNESCO “City of Design”, it possesses amazing architecture, cuisine, museums, and music and is a favored destination for young travelers and students.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, Learning and Engagement Badge Program and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.75 G.P.A. *Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors *Open to all levels of German speakers
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.