Students in the summer language and culture program at the International Language School of the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin may choose from a number of challenging courses including art history, German and regional studies, cinema, and more. Instructio
- Berlin, Germany
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
- Students in the summer language and culture program at the International Language School of the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin may choose from a number of challenging courses including art history, German and regional studies, cinema, and more. Instruction is in German, and is generally geared toward intermediate and advanced level students, though there is an option course for high-beginning level students. Most courses spend one half to two-thirds of the time on language instruction and practice, while the remainder of the time (generally afternoon lectures) are involved with a specific cultural lectures, site visits, etc. Pre-Departure Services: Advising, @api Online Resources, Orientation Materials and Support, Mobile Phone, Peer Mentors, Social Networking, Scholarships On-Site Services: Airport Reception, Resident Director, Housing (including meals and laundry with host families), Tuition, Transit Pass, Tutoring, Language and Culture Tools, Medical and Life Insurance, Excursions, Social and Cultural Activities, Welcome and Farewell Group Meals, Volunteer Opportunities Re-Entry Services: Re-Entry Materials and Support, Post-Program Evaluation, Transcript, Alumni Network and Development Opportunities
- Setting Description:
- A city once divided, Berlin lies at the heart of Germany – literally and figuratively. While it is the second most populous city in Europe (metropolitan area notwithstanding), it maintains a more tranquil feel than other large cities, as 1/3 of the city is composed of forests, gardens, and parks. Berlin is not only the political capital of Germany, but arguably one of Europe’s capitals of art, culture, and politics. Designated a UNESCO “City of Design”, it possesses amazing architecture, cuisine, museums, and music and is a favored destination for young travelers and students.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.75 G.P.A. *Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors *Open to all levels of German speakers
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program