- Barcelona, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
API offers comprehensive semester, summer and academic year programs at the Universitat de Barcelona! Study at one of the oldest and most prestigious schools in Spain.
Our Tourism, Hospitality, and Gastronomy program through UB is a great fit for students looking to a professional career in tourism or hospitality or for any student with an interest in these fields! Courses are offered in English and Spanish. Many courses are offered with options in both English and Spanish, allowing students the flexibility to take courses at their level, or in English if preferred.
Use this programs as a jumping off point to explore all that Barcelona - and Spain - has to offer! This program also includes an international excursion opportunity to see the life and culture beyond Spain.
Barcelona attracts many different students from various countries around the world so the city, university, and bars/restaurants reflect this eclectic mix. Barcelona is also close to the beach so students can escape from the hustle & bustle of the city by taking a quick 10-minute bus/train ride from the city center.
- Setting Description:
- Barcelona is a city of contradictions: old and new intertwined, beautiful and industrial, traditional and avant-garde. Bordered by France to the north and the Mediterranean Sea to the east, Barcelona is one of the most ‘European’ of Spanish cities. Stroll Las Ramblas, one of the city’s most famous and busy boulevards and weave through the medieval streets of the Gothic Quarter (Barri Gòtic). Enjoy the daring, unique and colorful architecture of Barcelona’s most famed architect, Antoni Gaudí. Barcelona is a very cosmopolitan city that combines the latest trends with the most typical Spanish traditions. Barcelona offers museums, cinemas, restaurants, clubs, bars, the beach and the mountains, and people from all over the world. Although Spaniards from Barcelona speak both Spanish and Catalán, the mixture of local residents and international visitors makes it an easy city to understand and make yourself understood.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, Learning and Engagement Badge Program and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.5 G.P.A. *Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors *It is recommended that students be at level B1 or higher to take courses in Spanish *No Spanish background required for courses taught in English
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually typically ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.