- Barcelona, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
The Pompeu Fabra University was established by the Catalonian Parliament in 1990 and has quickly become one of the city’s most respected universities. From its beginnings, this academic institution has emphasized two main objectives: to train professionals and citizens who are responsible and committed to civic values, and to contribute towards the development of research. Programs are available at a variety of levels in intensive language, and Hispanic and European studies (available in English and Spanish). Advanced level students have the opportunity to complete at least one class with local students.
The Integrated Studies Program provides advanced and superior-level Spanish speakers with the option to take advanced language courses, as well as a wide variety of course offerings in other disciplines. The language course is equivalent to 6 credits, whereas elective courses are typically equivalent to 3 credits. Many courses with other international students are available, but all students must select at least one course with Spaniards. Students are welcome to complete up to 15 credits per semester and can add additional courses for an extra fee. Students must have completed at least one upper-division course of college-level Spanish or have the equivalent linguistic competency for admission. Students complete a placement exam upon arrival and are placed into a Spanish course based on the results of that exam.
- Setting Description:
- Barcelona is a city of contradictions: old and new intertwined, beautiful and industrial, traditional and avant-garde. Bordered by France to the north and the Mediterranean Sea to the east, Barcelona is one of the most ‘European’ of Spanish cities. Stroll Las Ramblas, one of the city’s most famous and busy boulevards and weave through the medieval streets of the Gothic Quarter (Barri Gòtic). Enjoy the daring, unique and colorful architecture of Barcelona’s most famed architect, Antoni Gaudí. Barcelona is a very cosmopolitan city that combines the latest trends with the most typical Spanish traditions. Barcelona offers museums, cinemas, restaurants, clubs, bars, the beach and the mountains, and people from all over the world. Although Spaniards from Barcelona speak both Spanish and Catalán, the mixture of local residents and international visitors makes it an easy city to understand and make yourself understood.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, Learning and Engagement Badge Program, and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 3.0 G.P.A. *Open to juniors and seniors *Open to advanced and superior-level Spanish speakers
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program