- Barcelona, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
ESADE is an independent nonprofit university institution, founded in 1958 in Barcelona when a group of entrepreneurs and Jesuit Society members joined forces. Since 1995 it has formed part of the Ramon Llull University. ESADE has a strong academic reputation, and is one of a select group of institutions worldwide to achieve the triple crown of business accreditation which includes American accreditation through the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), British accreditation by the Association of MBAs (AMBA) and European accreditation by the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS).
Students who are looking to study abroad in Barcelona over the summer and take business and international studies courses in English at an elite academic institution are good candidates for this program. All classes except for the Spanish language classes are taught in English. Students take a placement exam online prior to arrival and are placed into a level based on the results of this exam.
Students will choose one 3-credit track from a selection of core modules, which include topics in International Business and Entrepreneurship, and Innovation. In addition to these core modules, students will participate in an integrated workshop in cross-cultural studies. Students will also choose one 3-credit track from a selection of elective modules, which include topics in Geopolitics, Communication Skills, and Spanish Language and Culture.
- Setting Description:
- Barcelona is a city of contradictions: old and new intertwined, beautiful and industrial, traditional and avant-garde. Bordered by France to the north and the Mediterranean Sea to the east, Barcelona is one of the most ‘European’ of Spanish cities. Stroll Las Ramblas, one of the city’s most famous and busy boulevards and weave through the medieval streets of the Gothic Quarter (Barri Gòtic). Enjoy the unique and colorful architecture of Barcelona’s most famed architect, Antoni Gaudí. Barcelona is a very cosmopolitan city that combines the latest trends with the most typical Spanish traditions. Barcelona offers museums, cinemas, restaurants, clubs, bars, the beach and the mountains, and people from all over the world. Although Spaniards from Barcelona speak both Spanish and Catalán, the mixture of local residents and international visitors makes it an easy city to understand and make yourself understood.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, API Learning and Engagement Badge Program, and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.75 G.P.A. *Open to undergraduate and graduate students *Open to all levels of Spanish speakers (online placement exam prior to arrival to determine level)
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.