- Barcelona, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Founded in 1961, ELISAVA was the first School of Design to open in Spain, and as a pioneer set the methodological guidelines that have served as a starting point for other similar schools. Throughout its history, ELISAVA’s role has been instrumental in shaping the culture of design in Catalonia and Spain. ELISAVA is now a college of Pompeu Fabra University. The Free Elective program at ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering offers students with or without a background in design the opportunity to learn from among the top design minds in Catalonia and Spain.
This program features two tracks: Track A- This track is for students without a design background, and is structured as follows: 2 mandatory subjects A choice of elective courses (minimum of 3) Optional Spanish language course Track B- This track is for students with a design background, and is structured as follows: A choice of elective courses (minimum of 3) plus one Spanish language course or four elective courses.
- Setting Description:
- Barcelona is a city of contradictions: old and new intertwined, beautiful and industrial, traditional and avant-garde. Bordered by France to the north and the Mediterranean Sea to the east, Barcelona is one of the most ‘European’ of Spanish cities. Stroll Las Ramblas, one of the city’s most famous and busy boulevards and weave through the medieval streets of the Gothic Quarter (Barri Gòtic). Enjoy the unique and colorful architecture of Barcelona’s most famed architect, Antoni Gaudí. Barcelona is a very cosmopolitan city that combines the latest trends with the most typical Spanish traditions. Barcelona offers museums, cinemas, restaurants, clubs, bars, the beach and the mountains, and people from all over the world.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, Learning and Engagement Badge Program and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.75 G.P.A. *Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors *Complete an API application
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.