- Auckland, New Zealand
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Gain professional-level experience in the production process of the television industry this summer with API! Study abroad at University of Auckland's Summer Filmmaking Program and work alongside industry professionals to develop a script, shoot, and edit a pilot episode.
This four-week course is perfect for those who want to study abroad for film studies in Auckland and is structured around a practical production process based on professional television industry practice.
Under the guidance of experienced actor, producer, and director John Callen, as well as guest instructors from the television industry, students will work as a team to develop the pilot episode of a serial drama or web series.
From pre-production to post-production students will experience first-hand the various aspects of television industry operations, including studio protocol and the management of a production and shoot
- Setting Description:
- Located on the northwestern tip of the North Island, Auckland (population 1.5 million) is the largest city in New Zealand and home to an eclectic population of Europeans and Pacific Islanders. Known as the “City of Sails” for the abundance of boats in its harbor, the metropolitan area features over 100 miles of coastline. Come study abroad with API in Auckland and see for yourself why the city is consistently rated one of the world’s most livable cities! Parks, festivals, shopping, clubs, pubs, dining, and tours, all within 15-30 minutes walk. API's Resident Coordinator will also take the API group on many excursions and cultural activities including a New Zealand rugby game!
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, Learning and Engagement Badge Program, and more!
Additional Program Information
- 3.0 G.P.A. A background in film or media production, drama, or creative writing is preferred, but not essential Open to juniors and seniors (Students with only one year of undergraduate experience and a strong creative portfolio are also eligible for entry) Completed API Application University contact information form One letter of recommendation Official transcript
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.