- Rome, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Gap Year
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
API Gap Year offers two different gap programs in Rome, Italy: students at the Lorenzo de' Medici Italian International Institute (LdM) can participate in the Free Elective Program, which allows them to select one language course and three to four additional courses from a wide range of courses taught in English. Students who study at John Cabot University (JCU) may study a wide variety of disciplines in English as well. Throughout the semester, students will also be able to participate in cultural activities and excursions, which will provide greater insight into the Italian way of life.
- Setting Description:
- The capital of Italy, Rome has always been a cultural and political stronghold and crossroads for people from across the globe. The glorious history of the eternal city can be seen in the form of the amazing art, exquisite monuments and fountains, and the museums, churches and architecture that abound in Rome. By stepping into one of Rome’s many picturesque piazzas, Romans and visitors alike can take a break from the hustle and bustle of modern Rome and enjoy people-watching over a caffé. For those looking to live in a cosmopolitan city rich with history, art, architecture and diverse people from around the globe, Rome beckons!
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- Minimum 2.75 G.P.A. Open to high school graduates ages 18 and up. No previous Italian language study required.
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program