- Harlaxton, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Gap Year
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
Harlaxton offers an academic program of the highest quality which integrates traditional teaching with experiential learning and extensive travel opportunities to create a unique study abroad experience. Live in an English countryside manor with full-service amenities.
Semester British Studies: For semester and academic year students, Harlaxton offers a wide and changing curriculum with a range of General Education courses and higher level electives in the Arts, Sciences, and Humanities. Students are required to take a minimum of 12 credits (of which British Studies accounts for 6) although many take on a greater work-load. Experience a unique program opportunity to live in an English manor, interact with local British families, and have a close-knit student community with clubs, sports, and house competitions.
Summer British Studies: This program is a perfect option for those who wish to study abroad this summer in an authentic English manor while reaping all the benefits of a full college study abroad experience! Harlaxton College offers a five-week summer session each year with a broad curriculum and optional weekend travel opportunities. Courses are tailored to allow for an experiential dimension (field trips, site visits, etc.) to enhance classroom academics.
- Setting Description:
- Harlaxton College is situated within its own 300-acre estate with parkland, woodland and a lake in the small charming village of Harlaxton.Harlaxton College is located in a gloriously beautiful 150-room Grade 1 listed stately home dating from 1832 which is set in the stunning English countryside. It is one of England’s 100 best great house according to Simon Jenkins of the London Times and has more than a passing resemblance to Hogwarts! British-style House competitions (think Gryffindor and Slytherin, etc) keep students engaged throughout the semester, allowing them to show their talents in different areas – academic, athletic, creative and social – while earning points for their House.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, Learning and Engagement Badge Program and more!
Additional Program Information
- Minimum 2.5 GPA Open to high school graduates over the age of 18 Completed API application One letter of recommendation Official transcript Additional supplemental materials Entry requirement: valid passport with supporting documents for stays under 6 months
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.