- Santiago, Chile; Valparaiso, Chile
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Gap Year
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
Gap year students have three options for programs in Santiago, Chile: Gap Study and Intern Abroad, Gap Summer Internship, and Gap Community Service.
Gap Study and Intern Program: This program will begin with two, five-week intensive academic courses taught by faculty onsite. Following the intensive courses, the students will participate in a 7-week full time internship placement. The academic courses include HUM 244: Critical Thinking and HIS 270: Immigration in a Historical Context.
Gap Summer Internship: API international internships provide unique opportunities for participants to explore and cultivate their future career path through a high-quality, customized, credit-bearing placement in several exciting fields and destinations. API internship programs encompass a number of career development and cultural resources to help participants maximize their personal and professional development.
Gap Community Service: This program is available in two locations: Santiago and Valparaiso. Participants can contribute to the local community through service projects at local non-profits, teaching English through local community groups, or participating in youth empowerment programs through tutoring and surfing. Participants can also improve their Spanish language skills through the completion of a Spanish language and conversation course at a local language institute. One-month, two-month, and three-month placements are available.
- Setting Description:
- Chile’s tremendous range covers a hugely diverse array of landscapes, from the desolate moonscape of Chile’s Atacama Desert, to the fertile vineyards of the Central Valley, to the lush rainforests of the Lake District, down to the magnificent glaciers and peaks of Patagonia — not to mention more than 3,000 miles of coastline and Easter Island. It’s truly mind-boggling to think of how many different experiences one can have in this diverse South American nation. Come intern abroad in Chile with API and experience this magnificent land for yourself!
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, Learning and Engagement Badge Program and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.5 G.P.A. *Cover letter *Letters of Reference *Transcript *Resume
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program