- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Gap Year
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
The Intensive Spanish Language Program is designed for students who want to quickly advance their Spanish skills. There are no cultural electives offered within this program; students complete a series of intensive Spanish language courses. Students can expect to advance a minimum of two levels during the semester. Students interested in exploring Argentine and Latin American culture, economics, history, and politics are ideally suited to the Program of Argentine and Latin American Studies. The program is open to students at all levels of Spanish. Students selecting the Early Start option complete an intensive Spanish language course prior to the start of the standard semester (equivalent to 3-6 U.S. semester credits). Then the regular semester starts, and students can choose from a variety of courses taught in both Spanish and English, depending on the student’s language level. Some courses are available in English in addition to Spanish! Throughout the semester, students will also be able to participate in cultural activities and excursions, which will provide greater insight into the Argentine way of life.
- Setting Description:
- Founded in the 1500s by Spanish conquistadores, Buenos Aires has evolved into a thriving, cosmopolitan city with more than 6 million inhabitants within the city limits and another 6 million in the surrounding areas. Known for its vibrant nightlife, where tango thrives in tangueras, milongas and cultural centers, Buenos Aires offers a dazzling array of learning opportunities, cultural events and social attractions. The seat of the national government, Buenos Aires presents a unique opportunity to analyze the politics and history of this complex and fascinating country. Universities, museums, theatres, shopping districts, and restaurants abound in this metropolis, described by many as the Paris of Latin America.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- Minimum 2.5 G.P.A. Open to high school graduates ages 18 and up. No previous Spanish language study required.
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program