Make your high school years unforgettable with high school study abroad in Canberra! Whether you’re fascinated by the history and culture of the land down under—or just want to get as far away as possible from home—Canberra could be just the place to do it. If you spend a summer, a semester, or even a whole year of high school abroad, living and studying in Canberra, you could to learn a ton, both in and out of the classroom. And, through study abroad in Australia, you might have fun doing it!
Why Study Abroad in Canberra in High School?
Taking some time during your high school years to see the world could be life-changing experience. In high school study abroad in Canberra, you may not only experience what it’s like to be a student in another country, but also what it’s like to live there. In addition to what you learn in class, you could experience life in Canberra, Australia first-hand! By making new friends, expanding your boundaries, and challenging yourself, you could return home wiser, more independent, and ready to take on the world.
But why Canberra? As the capital of Australia, Canberra is full of people from all over Australia—and even the world! With residents from all walks of life, Canberra is truly a diverse and thriving city. Whether you’re fascinated by history, love the arts, or want to explore the bush, Canberra could offer all of that and more.
Best of all, you might even get this amazing international experience without getting behind on your education! Whether you choose to spend a summer abroad, or make arrangements with your school to ensure your course program is compatible with your school back home, with the right arrangements, you could get the best of both worlds. (Programs vary so be sure to check with your school first to see if credits might transfer.)
How to Choose Your High School Study Abroad in Canberra Program
Make the most of your high school study abroad in Canberra by choosing a program that works for you. You might have your eye on certain travel experiences, classes you want to take, or other program experiences. Luckily, a variety of Canberra study abroad programs could be available tailored to your interests! All you have to do is figure out what you’re looking for, and then match those qualities to the programs listed here.
Scheduling Your High School Study Abroad in Canberra Program
You already know how much you want to study abroad in Canberra. But when do you want to go? Choosing the right study abroad term for your experience in Canberra help you make the most of your time abroad. This could involve balancing your school requirements, your preferences, budget, and other considerations. Make sure your program both fits into your life back home and enables you to do the kinds of things you want to do while you’re there.
Some of the options you might consider:
- Fall Semester in Canberra– Escape the cold back home, and spend your autumn semester in Canberra, where it’s actually spring! With the friendly weather and the blooming flowers, a fall semester could be a solid choice, especially if you want to spend time outside exploring all Canberra has to offer.
- Winter Semester in Canberra – Want to escape the snow and study someplace warm? Lucky for you, winter in the Northern hemisphere is summer in Australia! If this sounds up your alley, make sure to follow up with your study abroad program and your school back home to make sure you don’t miss out on any course work due to the seasonal differences in schedules.
- Spring Semester in Canberra – Spending autumn in Canberra—that is, a spring semester if you’re from the US—is not only beautiful, with leaves changing in a brilliant spectrum of color. It’s also fun, with tons of festivals and events! Plus, depending on the dates of your program, you might even catch the beginning of the school year, making it a great opportunity to get settled in a new school alongside everyone else.
- Summer in Canberra – Not so much for the hot weather? Spending your summer in Canberra means you could enjoy the winter weather. It could be the perfect time to study abroad in Canberra. You could visit all the museums, art galleries, and historical landmarks Canberra has to offer, staying warm and learning a ton.
- Academic Year in Canberra – Of course, if you can swing it, spending a whole academic year in Australia might be a perfect way to experience all Canberra has to offer. Plus, you have more time to get to know your new Australian friends, and get that travel done during your time off.
What to Do During Your High School Study Abroad in Canberra
Another important consideration when choosing your Canberra study abroad program—what do you want to do there? A variety of programs have been designed with students like you in mind, helping you to get the experience you’re looking for. Some examples of what you might be looking for:
- Courses that satisfy your requirements back home
- Travel excursions to help you see more of Canberra—not to mention the rest of Australia!
- Home stay opportunities, to help you see what it’s really like to grow up in Canberra as a local
- Support from your program every step of the way!
And more! Don’t worry if your specific interests weren’t covered by the list above. If you have any questions or concerns, just reach out to your study abroad program for more information and assistance.
Start Searching for High School Study Abroad in Canberra Programs!
Ready to pack your bags? If so, start your search for great high school study abroad in Canberra programs today. Read more about the sponsored programs listed here, or narrow your search down by selecting your preferred term. Then click on the program names you’re interested in to get in touch and ask for more information. Don’t wait any longer! Make high school memorable, and study abroad in Australia.