Getting around isn't always easy, but Shannon shares some helpful hints to getting around using public transit while studying abroad.
- Get a map of the transit system
- Google Maps now includes public transportation systems for cities like Paris, London, Madrid, and more. These maps include subway, regional rail, and bus transportation and can be accessed by some smartphones!
- Many stations have maps on the walls or paper copies you can take with you. Shannon suggests taking a picture of a big map so that you always have it on your phone.
- Many cities have guides for tourists using public transportation, like this one from RATP (Paris).
- Buy a transit pass or buy tickets in bulk, this can save you time and money!
- Know where you are going and when you are getting off the train so you are not surprised .