- Madrid, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
Improve your Spanish language skills and participate in an internship in Madrid, Spain's lively capital. Enroll in English-taught courses in business, finance, marketing, communications, religion, and more. Take excursions to historic Segovia and El Escorial, purchase a pair of colorful espadrilles, and enjoy all that this captivating city has to offer.
This program is geared toward students who would like to improve their beginning or intermediate Spanish language skills and take English-taught courses. Areas of study include business, finance, marketing, communication and media, religion, and more. English-speaking internships are also available. This program also offers the opportunity for students to take English-taught courses at Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
The program is offered in partnership with the prestigious Fundación Ortega–Marañon in Madrid and the University of Minnesota. The Foundation is located in a central part of Madrid, near Paseo de la Castellana. Due to its location, it is easy to catch public transportation to any other part of the city.
Live either with a Spanish host family or in a student residence hall (summer only).
A walking tour of Madrid will help you learn how to get around the city and also familiarize you with some of Madrid's iconic landmarks. Take day-long excursions to Segovia and El Escorial (included in the program fee), and an optional 4-day excursion to Andalucía (at an additional cost).
- Setting Description:
- Live and study in Madrid—Spain's alluring and lively capital city.
Additional Program Information
- 2.5 GPA; freshmen and above; minimum two semesters college-level Spanish; American degree-seeking students
- Scholarships Description:
- The Learning Abroad Center’s Study Abroad Scholarship provides awards for non-University of Minnesota undergraduate students going on eligible Learning Abroad Center credit-bearing programs.