Lancaster has more than 30 departments offering a wide range of courses in arts, social sciences, humanities, natural and physical sciences, computing and IT, and creative and performing arts. The Study Abroad team offer a dedicated service and are on ha
- Lancaster, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
- Here are 5 great reasons why we think Lancaster is one of the very best places to live, learn and experience the UK:
1. Top Ten in the UK
Lancaster is one of the UK’s top 10 universities according to the Guardian University Guide and the Complete University Guide.
Lancaster University is close to the city centre yet surrounded by beautiful countryside. Excellent road and rail links give you easy access to the beautiful Lake District National Park and the cosmopolitan cities of Manchester, London and Edinburgh.
3. Safe Campus and City
Lancaster is a student friendly city and one of the safest cities in the UK.
4. Student Experience
We are proud of the student experience we offer at Lancaster and we are one of a handful of collegiate universities in the UK. Your residential college is more than just a place to live; it will help you settle quickly into your studies and social life on campus. They are often the focus of your social life and provide a strong sense of community. There are endless activities to get involved in on campus.
5. Choice of Courses
We offer a wide range of courses, which complement your home degree and offer you a challenging and rewarding learning experience.
Lancaster has more than 30 departments offering a wide range of courses in arts, social sciences, humanities, natural and physical sciences, computing and IT, and creative and performing arts. The Study Abroad team offer a dedicated service and are on hand to help with any queries. There is also a 4 week International Summer programme which is worth 4 semester credits.
- Setting Description:
- Lancaster University has a beautiful setting just three miles away from the historic city of Lancaster. It is in striking distance of the stunning Morecambe Bay coastline and the breath-taking Lake District landscape. The diverse mix of city, coast and countryside adds a whole new dimension to your experience. Lancaster is a relatively small but buzzing city, dominated by a 900-year old castle and easily accessible from campus. There you’ll find an outdoor market, independent boutiques as well as high street outlets, plenty of places to eat, drink and dance, and annual Literature, Beer, Jazz and Food and Drink Festivals, cinemas, and a theatre. On campus you will find everything you need for your academic studies and social life, including shops, cafes, bars, banks, health centre, travel agency, post office and an amazing sports centre. With superb road, rail, air and sea links, Lancaster provides a fast and easy gateway to national and international destinations, including Manche
- Tuition Fees 2015-16 Academic Year (October - June) £15,710 Michaelmas Term (October - December) £6,280 Lent and Summer Term (January - June) £9,420 International Summer Programme (13 August - 11 September 2015) £2,050 (including accommodation) You will need to budget around £7,500 for living and accommodation expenses if you plan to study at Lancaster for a full academic year.
Additional Program Information