- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Education, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
Looking for a practical, insightful, and meaningful experience in Argentina? Consider combining a service project with academic instruction and reflective thinking while immersing yourself in the vibrant culture of Argentina. This engaging service learning program will place you in a project that the local community has established to address an issue or question. You’ll work collaboratively towards mutually-beneficial outcomes, encouraging you to reflect on the knowledge, skills, and disposition you’re both contributing and gaining. You’ll also have plenty of time to explore Argentina and Buenos Aires through various trips, tours, and cultural activities provided by our exceptional on-site staff.
- Setting Description:
- Buenos Aires is the second largest city in Latin America with 14 million people. Visitors call it the “Paris of the South” because it resembles a European city. Here, you’ll find tree-lined streets, cafes on every corner, and fantastic shopping. You’ll dance the tango and drink yerba mate in this cosmopolitan metropolis that never seems to sleep. Porteños will love showing you their lifestyle and helping you learn Spanish in their unique accented speech. For a once-in-a-lifetime experience, ask a new friend to bring you to the Superclásico. This is a fútbol match between local rivals Boca Juniors and River Plate. City-wide support is split between the two teams, which means fans get very passionate! Buenos Aires’ fun, vibrant environment is full of activities. You can shop and stroll on Calle Florida or at Plaza Francia. Visit the free Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes, the center of Argentine art. Relax or study in the postcard-perfect Plaza de Mayo or walk the cobblestone streets.
- Please visit our website for price.
Additional Program Information
- 60 hours of college-level credit
- Scholarships Description:
- Please visit our website for details.