- Barcelona, Spain
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Rolling Starts, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Work Types:
- Arts & Architecture, Business, Computer Science, Education, Fashion, Hospitality, Journalism, Psychology, Sciences & Environment, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
Enjoy a custom international internship in the heart of one of Western Europe's cultural and business hubs! Our Intern in Barcelona program lets you gain relevant, career-oriented experience while enjoying the best of Europe: cultural immersion, proximity to a coastline of white sand beaches, and an exciting, cosmopolitan city that never sleeps. Your internship in Barcelona offers both professional development and the chance to soak up all that Barcelona has to offer. Our internships are customized to match your interests; internships last a minimum of 6 weeks, but we encourage you to stay as long as you can. Are you interested in developing your resume and interview skills before participating in a 6-12 week internship? Check out the Special 4 Week Option: 4 Week Intern in Barcelona Experience! Pristine white-sand beaches – Barcelona’s beaches and boardwalks are a main attraction. The city enjoys a Mediterranean climate whose mild winters and hot summers make a visit to the beach perfect any time of the year. Live and work in Barcelona: life in the cultural capital of the Mediterranean – The café culture, boutiques, tapas restaurants, and world-famous nightlife are enough to keep you busy for a semester. Barcelona is home to more UNESCO World Heritage sites than any other city in Europe. Imagine the architectural and cultural splendor of a city with 2,000 years of history! Numerous museums, churches, cathedrals, and concert halls, plus the influential modern art of Antonio Gaudi, Joan Miro, Pablo Picasso, and Mies Van der Rohe, make Barcelona an aesthetically appealing destination for visitors from all over the world. A custom international internship – We understand that you want to get the most out of your internship. We take into account your career aspirations, interests, and skills. Magazines, travel agencies, and finance institutions await you! Choose your own style of accommodation – Intern in Barcelona offers different housing options. You can live with a Spanish family or share an apartment with other international students. A vibrant social life – You will get to participate in a weekend trip in Spain. Possible trips include the beautiful Costa Brava, the magical Granada, or majestic Madrid. 360° Networking Toolkit - You will receive business cards, resume/interview coaching, and an internship completion certificate. You’ll also gain access to a seminar series on topics such as developing and maximizing a LinkedIn account, interview expectations, adding the experience to your resume, and more! Jump-start your career with the CISabroad global network!
As an intern in Barcelona, an international center for business, commerce, politics, and a wide variety of industries, you will take part in the fascinating day-to-day activities of a Spanish organization or company. You will work on projects, tasks, and activities designed to help you learn more about your field of interest. You can select a 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 or 12 week internship and choose from several start dates. We encourage you to stay as long as you can to learn the language, get the most out of your internship placement, and immerse yourself in the local culture. The internship program is open to all levels of Spanish speakers. However, intermediate to advanced speakers will have more placement options than beginners. Depending on the length of your internship, you will also participate in either a 1- or 2-week on-site Spanish-language course to refresh your skills. Internships are available in the following fields*: Business ? Accounting ? Advertising ? Economics ? Entrepreneurship ? Event Planning/Management ? Finance ? Hospitality/Tourism ? Human Resource Management ? International Business ? Management ? Marketing ? Sports Management Communications ? Communication ? Film and Television ? Journalism ? Public Relations Health Science ? Food Studies/Nutrition ? Healthcare Social Sciences & Humanities ? Education ? Social Work STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) ? Engineering ? Information Technology Visual/Performing Arts & Design ? Architecture ? Design ? Fashion Design ? Graphic Design ? Photography Don't see your field? Contact an advisor and we'll be happy to help find the best internship for you! *Placements in the fields above are not guaranteed due to the changing needs of the local businesses/organizations and applicant qualifications. We always try to make the best match for you!
If you've ever wanted an international internship in Barcelona, then check out our Intern in Barcelona program. Here are a few of the key highlights that make this program unique. Diverse internship placements Placements that accommodate all levels of Spanish-language proficiency Work with people from Spain and all over the world Hands-on orientation and guided tours of the city Cultural activities within Barcelona
- Setting Description:
- An economic powerhouse, a center for business in Europe, and a culturally rich city, Barcelona is an incredible location for an international internship! In a privileged position on the northeastern coast of the Iberian Peninsula and the shores of the Mediterranean (near France), Barcelona is the second-largest city in Spain in both size and population. The population of the city proper is 1.5 million, but this number spirals to nearly 5 million if the outlying areas are included. Barcelona has 2 official languages: Castilian Spanish and Catalan, which is generally spoken in all of Catalonia. Living in Barcelona will give you the opportunity to practice and improve your own Spanish language abilities. Due to Barcelona’s location, you will also have the chance to learn more about unique Catalan experiences such as Caganers (small statues) and Castellers (human towers that can reach up to 10 stories tall). Love being outdoors? The temperate climate of Barcelona means you can enjoy the
- For current prices and dates please visit the CISabroad website.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Please visit our website for current offers.