- London, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
London's Global University
Founded in Bloomsbury, London, in 1826, and inspired by the ideas of radical philosopher Jeremy Bentham, University College London (UCL) has maintained a commitment to diverse and original thought from its founding and is deeply invested in cutting-edge research and continual innovation.
From its inception to the present day, when it is now the second-largest university in the UK (with 42,000 students from 150 countries), UCL has been strongly dedicated to matters of diversity, inclusion, social justice, and gender. It was the first university in England to accept women, and the first to accept students irrespective of race or religion.
It remains one of the UK’s most prestigious universities, and one of the top universities in the world, with particular strengths in English, economics, arts and humanities, engineering, neuroscience, and the social and historical sciences, as well as courses at the prestigious Slade School of Fine Art, home to an independent Studio Program.
A member of the elite Russell Group and the League of European Research Universities, UCL offers courses in 100 departments across eleven faculties, and its alumni include world leaders, notable inventors, and groundbreaking scientists. A total of 34 Nobel Prize winners have either studied, taught, or researched at UCL.
When applying to UCL, you’ll be accepted into one or two academic departments and take all of your courses from those departments. This is a competitive program best undertaken by independent students who value academic rigor and self-directed study.
The campus is located in the central London area of Bloomsbury, which is near the Arcadia London Center, as well as important cultural attractions, the British Museum and Regents’ Park among them.
The UCL Students’ Union is home to dozens of clubs, sports, and societies, and is a hub of shopping, restaurants, and pubs. Student Central facilities in central London are also open to UCL study abroad students.
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling:
- Harry Potter Studio Tour
- Tower of London
- London Street Art Tour
- Hampton Court Day Excursion
- Keats house
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
Please check our website for dates and the latest program information.
- Setting Description:
- In part, because of its location, student life spreads beyond UCL to the city as Regents Park, the British Museum, and the University of London's massive Students' Union are literally all right on UCL's doorstep. If you crave a big city, big university setting, this is it. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Harry Potter Studio Tour · London Street Art Tour · Hampton Court Day Excursion · Rugby or Football Match · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 3.3 - Recommended 3.3 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...