- Florence, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
An unforgettable summer!
Spend six weeks learning about Italian life, art, and culture in the fascinating, historic city of Florence. Based at the Accademia Italiana in Florence, one of Europe’s premier institutes for art and design, your classes will take place in two beautiful renaissance buildings directly across from the famous Pitti Palace in Florence's Oltrarno district, just steps away from the Ponte Vecchio - an inspiring and enchanting place to be.
The exuberant country of Italy is your summer home and you’ll get to know the people, places, and traditions. Even students with no prior study of Italian language will benefit from this innovative, vibrant program. You’ll take three to seven credits chosen from an array of courses in liberal arts, studio art, fashion design, and design, including Italian language at all levels.
A wide range of activities and excursions are available, including exploration of the beautiful rolling hills of Tuscany; and hidden areas of Italy, for off-the-beaten-track, authentic experiences. A wealth of art, architecture, and landscapes await you!
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling:
- Amalfi Coast
- Film Series
- Roman Baths and Wine Vineyards in Viterbo
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- Through its long history, Florence has been graced by some of the world's most original and creative luminaries. Michelangelo, Dante, Fermi, Da Vinci, Marconi, and Galileo are just some of the names that are memorialized in stone tablets along the walls of the Church of Santa Croce. You can count on your courses taking advantage of the rich cultural and historical treasures of Florence as well as integrating class time with visits to museums, galleries, and design studios. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Amalfi Coast · Film Festivals · Trip to Roman Baths and Wine Vineyards · Explore Agriturismo, Outdoor Markets, Food and Flavors · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia.
Additional Program Information
- 2.5 For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...