- Tuscania, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
API students have the opportunity to study at Lorenzo de’ Medici – The Italian International Institute in Tuscania (LdM). Founded in 1973 in Florence, LdM is committed to helping students realize their potential, providing high quality education that enables students to interact successfully with other cultures. Lorenzo de’ Medici opened in Tuscania in 2004, an ideal city and place to inspire the creative, intellectual and personal development of each student. The school is situated in the old town center within the stone medieval walls. This building has recently been remodeled to feature modern, light-filled studios and classrooms. API students are engaged in the study of the humanities, social sciences, studio arts, media studies and Italian language with other committed students who seek to learn and to explore Italy in a comprehensive way. API invites students to discover the essence of Italy while studying and living in beautiful and historic Tuscania.
Students who elect to study abroad in Tuscania with API at Lorenzo de’ Medici – may take 1 or 2 courses for 3-6 credits per four-week term; alternatively, they may elect to pursue a 6-credit workshop course. Courses are available in a wide variety of subjects, including art, art history, and Italian language.
- Setting Description:
- Tuscania is a small, idyllic Italian town located ninety minutes north of Rome on the border of Lazio and Tuscany. Tuscania has been admired for centuries for its picturesque setting, fine culture and foods, medieval walls, and cobblestoned streets. Surrounded by medieval walls and guard towers, Tuscania provides endless opportunities for authentic cultural immersion. Some of the most beautiful churches in Italy are in Tuscania, including the stunning San Pietro and the magnificent Santa Maria Maggiore. Tuscania is an ideal combination between the present and past. It is not uncommon to find a medieval section of wall in the wine cellar of a modern restaurant or an Etruscan tomb used as the basement storage area of an apartment. The strong connection of the locals to their traditions, history and folklore greatly influences the unique nature of the town.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, Learning and Engagement Badge Program and more!
Additional Program Information
- Minimum 2.75 G.P.A. Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors Open to all levels of Italian speakers
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.