- Florence, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Winter Semester
- Program Description:
API students in Florence study at Lorenzo de’ Medici – The Italian International Institute (LdM). The campus is primarily located in a 13th century AD convent in the heart of Florence. The facilities have been modernized and the city surroundings offer students a canvas on which to learn, create and challenge themselves in their academic and personal endeavors. LdM offers students a wide selection of courses from The School of Arts and Sciences, The School of Creative Arts, The School of Design and The School of Italian Language and Culture. At LdM, students can take classes in studio arts, liberal arts and humanities, and international business, among other disciplines. Founded in 1973, LdM offers the opportunity to study under experienced instructors in the unparalleled surroundings of Florence. Lorenzo de’ Medici is committed to helping students realize their potential, providing high quality education that will enable students to interact successfully with the community worldwide.
The January Intersession Program provides the opportunity for undergraduate students to earn academic credit, as well as a chance for independent or adult students to study abroad for professional development or career advancement. Students can enroll in one or two classes during the January session. No excursions are included during the January Intersession Program. If this program is taken along with a semester program, a discount is applied.
- Setting Description:
- Florence, located in the renowned region of Tuscany, is situated on the banks of the Arno River, surrounded by the rolling hills of the Italian countryside. To study and live in Florence is to walk the streets of Dante, Brunelleschi, Giotto and many other contributors to the arts and humanities. Here students can soak up the culture and history of this great city while learning Italian and studying in buildings from centuries past. Established in the 9th century BC, Florence is perhaps best known as one of the birthplaces of the Italian Renaissance at the end of the 14th Century. It is a city that welcomes visitors, scholars, artists and students to walk her streets, relive past discoveries in the arts and sciences, and glimpse the rich history that permeates every inch of the city. Students in Florence experience the city with others from around the world who share a passion for learning.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.80 G.P.A. *Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors *Open to all levels of Italian speakers
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $450,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.