- Paris, France
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- High School
- Program Description:
High school students are introduced to the art and design college experience in Paris. The program is open to high school students entering their junior or senior year and recent high school graduates. Many enroll to develop a portfolio for the college admissions process. Classes are held from approximately 9am-4pm. Students will choose one course to complete during the three-week program. There are no pre-requisite classes for this program.
ADDITIONAL PROGRAM INFORMATION: Meals are not included, but the hotel accommodation includes a daily continental breakfast. Students will be provided with information about affordable local options for meals near the Parsons building upon arrival in Paris. All pre-college students are met at the airport by on-site staff on the program start date. A group return transfer to the Charles de Gaulle airport is also included on the last day of the program. Students receive detailed flight instructions upon their acceptance into the program and should wait to purchase a flight until receiving more information post-acceptance.
TRANSCRIPTS: Transcripts for Parsons students are issued by the Registrar’s Office and carry the signature and seal of The New School. A transcript is confirmation of a student’s permanent record at the university. Students who complete Summer Intensive Studies Paris may request that their transcript(s) be mailed to other colleges and institutions by submitting an official request to the Registrar’s Office.
- Setting Description:
- Paris is well known as one of the most intellectual and intriguing cities in the world. The city maintains its status as the premier city in France and a leader in politics, art and fashion; every section of the city has its own unique charm and makes Paris a city like no other. For the history lover, the tour should begin in the heart of old Paris, the Ile de la Cité, which lies in the middle of the Seine River. Here one can explore the Cathédrale de Notre-Dame de Paris, the Palais de Justice and a hidden jewel, Sainte Chapelle. For the art lover, the city holds countless museums, all boasting incredible collections. Some of the most popular include the Louvre, Musée d’Orsay, Musée Rodin and Centre Georges Pompidou. Tucked away in the city’s twenty arrondissements, or districts, are many more amazing sights and sounds waiting to be discovered.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- Minimum 2.75 G.P.A. Open to high school students ages 16-18 only. No previous French language study required."
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.