Learn what life would be like while studying in Florence
Studying abroad in Florence is a great idea. The city vibrates with a spirit of happiness, satisfaction, and abundant living, and every nook and cranny hungers for discovery and exploration. Combine with Florence’s inviting atmosphere rigorous and quality academic programs, and you’ve got the perfect study abroad destination.
Life in Florence
Life in Florence begins when one wakes up, opens the window, and looks out upon red-tile roofs, creamy-colored stucco, and proud clock towers, esteemed monuments, and the ritual movement of a bustling but peaceful city. The city’s streets buzz with movement, and numerous cafes, fruit stands, bakeries, squares, and plazas comprise the landscape that will soon become your everyday life.
The city of Florence is infused by its Roman, Gothic, and Renaissance roots, and evidence of such can be found in the city’s buildings, parks, squares, plazas, and beyond. World famous landmarks interweave with locally beloved ones to tell the story of Florence’s past, present, and future. Such weavings ultimately make Florence a virtual museum of eras once present. Exploring the fabric of Florence is like taking a long, soothing sip of a deliciously rich beverage that leaves you deeply satisfied at the end. Why not take life in Florence for a spin?
As you’ll soon discover, when you’re studying abroad in Florence, the city’s everyday people, landmarks, and habits become a part of your own life-enhancing rituals, and before you know it, you’ll be a student madly in love with Florence.
Study Abroad Programs in Florence
Study abroad programs in Florence combine rigorous and high quality education with cultural exploration and literacy. Students can study an array of subjects, from science to sociology to literature, and apply their studies to their experiences and explorations of Florentine culture. Students can also partake in internships and expeditions that enhance their academic, social, and professional experiences. Ultimately, studying abroad in Florence may provide students with a meaningful and life and career-enhancing opportunity.
Most study abroad programs in Florence are delivered in week, month, or semester long increments. However, some are offered quarterly or for a year or longer. Students can select their program duration based on their academic needs, financial bounty, and desire to explore and sink into Florence’s environment and culture. Many study abroad programs in Florence offer language, cultural, and professional supplementation to give students options that best suit their needs. No matter your desires, you can certainly find a Florence study abroad program perfect for you.
Five Awesome Ways to Enjoy Life While Living and Studying Abroad in Florence
- Partake in all of Florence’s delicious foods and local specialties. As you’re exploring the city, take some chances and ask restaurants to serve you some of their most beloved dishes. Enjoy them with local wines and follow them with tasty regional desserts. Also, allow yourself time to duck into hole-in-the-wall cafes and markets to taste local foods and dishes found off the beaten path and enjoyed by the locals.
- Sit and enjoy. So much magic, ingenuity, and innovation transpired in the city of Florence. Head to the hang-outs of Dante, Da Vinci, Michelangelo, and numerous other cherished people and ponder their contributions. Breathe the air they breathed and absorb the environment that inspired their greatness. Who knows what magical alchemy will transpire!
- Become a tourist and join a walking tour. Florence provides beautiful ground for walking and exploring, and a tour guide and group can add to your walk a historical account and fun-filled adventure. While you might be tempted to avoid the tourists’ path, don’t do so! There are secrets in the many walls and walks of Florence longing to be told. You might as well listen while you’re studying abroad in Florence!
- Learn the language and connect with as many locals as possible. So many people in Florence are friendly and itching to share their lovely lifestyles with new and interesting people. Connect with as many people as possible and taste a flavor of local living, playing, and loving. If you are slow to learn languages and don’t have a lot of time in the city, learn some basic words and allow some forgiving Florentine’s into your heart You’re new friends will likely become like family.
- Walk, walk, and walk. Long walks through Florence will reveal the city’s Renaissance roots and charming culture, and walking through the city is a wonderful way to witness its passionate and romantic soul. Walk with the intention to notice details and walk away from your experience with a beautiful snapshot of the city in your heart and soul.
Annie Rose Stathes is a Colorado-based writer, teacher and political scientist. Her background is in international affairs and she holds a Master of Arts degree in Political Science.