- Stockholm, Sweden
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- High School
- Academic Year, Fall Semester
- Program Description:
Whether you take classes at a local school or participate in a special program for visual art or music, you'll experience what daily life is like for Swedish students. As you improve your grasp of the language, practicing both in the classroom and with your host family, you'll be able to connect more and more fully to your host country. Exploring the beaches, cities, and wildflower fields of Sweden will leave you with a deep appreciation for the country.
Thinking of a shorter exchange? Take advantage of Sweden's beautiful outdoors during your six-week stay with a Swedish family. Swedes love to spend their vacations in summer homes in the archipelago or in the countryside. Take this opportunity to live close to nature and enjoy swimming, sailing, and the long, bright summer nights. As Swedish school is not in session, summer students are encouraged to sightsee, join clubs, spend time with their host family, make friends, and contribute to their community by volunteering.
Youth For Understanding USA's (YFU) high school study abroad program is an experience that will immerse you in the lives, cultures, and communities of a real family in one of more than 40 countries around the globe. YFU is a homestay experience where you live with a carefully selected host family who has agreed to open their home and their hearts to you---providing room, board, and a caring home. You'll gain a global family, make new friends, and even attend a new school on academic programs. Previous language study is not required.
YFU programs make a lasting, life-changing impact on young people. YFU students return as young adults---more independent, competent, and confident--with a deeper understanding of their family and country. They also discover that the YFU experience opens doors for many years to come, enhancing educational and professional opportunities.
- Setting Description:
- Swedes enjoy outdoor activities, and they will want you to join them in their many nature adventures. In one of the most beautiful countries in the world, you'll have an opportunity to enjoy swimming, hockey, tennis, sailing and a vast array of other activities with your host family. Sweden is also known for its great arts and design scene, and is the birthplace of furniture giant IKEA.
- Program costs vary by length of program - please see our website for full details.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Through the generosity of numerous corporations, governments, foundations and individuals, YFU awards more than $2.3 million in partial or full study abroad scholarships annually.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program