- Helsinki, Finland
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- High School
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Winter Semester
- Program Description:
Youth For Understanding USA's (YFU) high school study abroad program in Finland is an experience that will immerse you in the lives, language, cultures, and communities of a real family in one of more than 40 countries around the globe. YFU is a homestay experience where you live with a carefully selected host family who has agreed to open their homes and their hearts to you---providing room, board, and a caring home. You'll gain a global family, make new friends, and even attend a new school on academic programs. Previous language study is not required.
YFU programs make a lasting, life-changing impact on young people. YFU students return as young adults---more independent, competent, and confident---with a deeper understanding of their family and country. They also discover that the YFU experience opens doors for many years to come, enhancing educational and professional opportunities. National and regional scholarships are available - please see our website for details.
- Setting Description:
- Finnish people identify themselves with the beautiful natural surroundings of their great outdoors. The blue and white of the Finnish flag echo the thousands of lakes and the pristine winter snow. Relax and unwind while partaking in Finland's greatest tradition: the sauna. The long, bright days of summer allow students to get a thorough feel for this lush country. Although there are many urban areas, you are never too far from green forests, bright blue skies and fresh air.
- Program costs vary by length of program - please see our website for full details.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Through the generosity of numerous corporations, governments, foundations and individuals, YFU awards more than $2.3 million in partial or full study abroad scholarships annually.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program