- Quito, Ecuador
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- High School
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester
- Program Description:
Youth For Understanding USA's (YFU) high school study abroad program is an experience that will immerse you in the lives, language, cultures, and communities of a real family in one of more than 40 countries around the globe. YFU is a homestay experience where you live with a carefully selected host family who has agreed to open their home and their hearts to you---providing room, board, and a caring home. You'll gain a global family, make new friends, and even attend a new school, on a academic programs. Previous language study is not required.
Looking to immerse yourself in the culture of Ecuador? YFU offers several programs to this unique nation. Students may choose from summer, traditional school year and semester or Gap Year University or Volunteer programs. Live with a host family, experience the culture and learn the language!
YFU programs make a lasting, life-changing impact on young people. YFU students return as young adults---more independent, competent, and confident---with a deeper understanding of their family and country. They also discover that the YFU experience opens doors for many years to come, enhancing educational and professional opportunities. National and regional scholarships are available - please see our website for details.
- Setting Description:
- From the purity of the Andes Cordillera with its grandiose landscapes and volcano valleys to the vastness of the Amazon and the beauty of the Sierra, Ecuador is a visually stunning land. Discover the rich heritage of the great Inca Empire as a YFU exchange student and you will understand Ecuadorian culture as few visitors do.
- Program costs vary by length of program - please see our website for full details.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Through the generosity of numerous corporations, governments, foundations and individuals, YFU awards more than $2.3 million in partial or full study abroad scholarships annually.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program