- Toronto, Canada
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Organizational Leadership
- Program Description:
The flagship component of the School, our Master’s program offers a uniquely bilingual education that will prepare students for leadership roles in public life. Students become well-versed not only in public policy and administration, but in public affairs – a broader examination of Canadian public institutions and the international environments in which they function.
- Canada’s first bilingual Master’s program in public and international affairs
- Support to further develop students’ skills in their second official language
- A paid internship component with a governmental or non-governmental organization
Housed within Canada’s first bilingual School of Public Affairs, our program offers a unique, high-quality bilingual education that will prepare you for leadership roles in public life. Through this two-year degree, you will become well versed not only in public policy and administration, but in public affairs — a broader examination of Canadian public institutions and the domestic and international settings in which they function.
The program will equip you to analyze the key challenges in Canadian public life, place Canada’s public institutions in their global setting, apply the core knowledge and tools of public management and policy, and work effectively in both official languages.
Our program is unique in Canada, building on four fundamental dimensions which respond to critical needs of public life:
1. Public Affairs. You will develop an understanding of how the processes of policy-making and public management are shaped by structures and forces beyond the public sector. You will examine how public decision-making is led and constrained by economic processes and actors. You will also look at the relationship between state st
Additional Program Information
- CAPPA - Canadian Association of Programs in Public Administration.
- See website for details. www.glendon.yorku.ca/gspia