1. Cultural immersion 2. International experience 3. Learn the basics of a foreign language 4. Gain and improve practical skills required to succeed 5. Participate in global impact community projects 6. Free evening classes on history and globalization of
- Maputo, Mozambique
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Arts, Health, Social Services, Translation
- 4-6 months
- Program Description:
- Our 3-month international internship programs take you beyond the boundaries of a traditional classroom to participate in solving global challenges and creating a social impact around the world. The ultimate goal of our programs is to learn through community collaboration.
Ycenter program was featured in a Caux Roundtable report as a PROGRAM of DISTINCTION for LEADERSHIP and EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING to be benchmarked and evaluated to deliver on the promises of United Nation's Sustainable Development Goals.
1. Cultural immersion 2. International experience 3. Learn the basics of a foreign language 4. Gain and improve practical skills required to succeed 5. Participate in global impact community projects 6. Free evening classes on history and globalization of Africa from Mozambiquen perspective (with credit transfer option) available in a nationally recognized partner university in Mozambique Post-program academic and career support is available through our office in USA. Ycenter highly encourages and continues to provide mentorship support to students who want to pursue their career in international development, engineering, entrepreneurship and social work.
Ycenter programs are completely immersive, in the sense that you live in a community housing and work one on one with local community members on innovative projects. Our programs are not volunteering programs, they are community centered technology projects that allow you to grow and learn and make the most impact within these communities. You will be working with our partner hospital and public health center in Mozambique.
- Setting Description:
- The program is based out of the coastal town Maxixe in the Portuguese styled old province of Inhambane. The housing option is available for participants with 2 minutes away from beach. You will also travel to remote locations in Mozambique with our local project coordinators. The most famous tourist destination beaches of Tofu and Barra, known for scuba diving and more, are easily accessible from Maxixe via public transport. From tasty tropical fruits to the warm weather, this is an ideal setting for participants looking to get a global experience in a beautiful country. In 2016, NY Times listed Mozambique as one of the top 52 places in the world to go and visit this year.
- 3000 USD Cost Includes: Pre-departure orientation Project Training Housing with Food In-country staff support Registration fees Program completion certificate for Design Thinking and Innovation
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program