This program is designed for community engaged leaders to take the next step in the public or private sector.
- Cincinnati, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Political Science
- Program Description:
- The Masters' Program is designed for community-engaged leaders to hone their skills and to create a pool of future community-engaged leaders who will apply their knowledge to simultaneously improve their organizations, businesses, and communities. They will be able to articulate their vision; design and develop innovative systems; critically think through and solve complex problems; and make impactful decisions based on careful planning, evaluation of risk and effective communication. Rooted in the Jesuit tradition of educating the whole person, the focus is on developing practical, political skills, while drawing on philosophical foundations to enhance students' abilities to navigate and negotiate the tensions and completing interests between the private and the public. The Master program in ‘Private Interests & Public Good’ is specifically designed to: Develop the core theoretical issues that provide the context for the public sphere as well as for the debates and relationship between private interest and common good that is situated within it; *Develop skills necessary to analyze and understand economic issues and policy; *Develop an understanding to public issues and political interests; *Use quantitative and qualitative data analysis through statistics and ethnographic research methods; *Build competency in the effective use of communication through multiple media outlets including social media; *Understand the advantages, issues and complexities that technology offers; and *Understand the role of innovation that can help institutions and entities become more efficient and create value. *Build competency in the effective use of communication through multiple media outlets including social media;
Additional Program Information
- Financial Aid:
- Apply online at www.xavier.edu/grad where you can register for an account and start your application by selecting ‘Graduate Studies.’ *Official transcript of all undergraduate and graduate work. Applicants should have an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or above. *Current and updated Resume/CV. *A 500-word minimum statement of purpose for graduate study. *Two letters of reference from individuals commenting on the applicant’s academic/ professional potential. *Official test scores from the Graduate Record Exam (GRE).
- International Requirements:
- *TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) test scores for all sections are required of all applicants whose native language is not English or whose four-year undergraduate degree program was not conducted in English.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program