The tourism industry in Costa Rica earns more foreign exchange than the three cash crops (pineapples, bananas, coffee) combined! Costa Rica is also the second most popular country among tourists in all of Latin America. Outdoor adventures such as visiting
- San Jose, Costa Rica
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Rolling Starts, Year Round
- Work Types:
- Business, Hospitality, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
- Gain international work experience and polish your Spanish skills with an internship program in the beautiful, tropical paradise of Costa Rica! Placements are available year-round for 4 weeks up to one year and language instruction and cultural activities will keep you busy when you aren't busy interning.
The tourism industry in Costa Rica earns more foreign exchange than the three cash crops (pineapples, bananas, coffee) combined! Costa Rica is also the second most popular country among tourists in all of Latin America. Outdoor adventures such as visiting volcanoes, ziplining through the rainforest, and white-water rafting through the wild and mighty jungle rivers of Turrialba make this country a popular destination for adventurists. Your internship will allow you to broaden your global awareness and expand your cultural interactions while you explore the breathtaking sites of the country.
All internship programs in Costa Rica include the following:
- Internship placement and supervision
- Airport pick-up
- On-site support
- Housing - homestay (breakfast and dinner included)
- Spanish language training - 4 hrs/day for 4 weeks
- One day excursion
- Social and cultural activities
- Medical and Accident Insurance
- 24/7 emergency support
- WI support services from start to finish
- Setting Description:
- Known throughout the world as the "Switzerland of Central America," Costa Rica has a peaceful, democratic culture and government and has been recognized as the nation to be the greenest and overall happiest country in the world!
Located in the Central Valley, San Jose is surrounded by valleys and lush, green mountains. It is famed for its Teatro Nacional (National Theater), busy market life, and cafe culture. There are tons of restaurants in San Jose, but be sure to get a tast of the local cuisine which includes gallo pinto (fried rice and beans), plantains, and sea bass. After you've nourished yourself, go whitewater rafting, do a canopy tour, or go surfing at Jaco beach, there's plenty of outdoor activities to keep you busy in this beautiful country!
- Please visit our website for cost details.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program