This is a great internship opportunity that will allow interns to develop their photography skills, from taking pictures to developing them.Placement will be with a dealer gallery in Wellington that has photographic facilities and services including studi
- Wellington, New Zealand
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Rolling Starts, Year Round
- Work Types:
- Arts & Architecture
- Program Description:
- Unique and diverse internship placements are customized to meet your needs and correspond to your academic and professional background. Life in New Zealand is full of adventure and its location makes it easy to take a weekend trip to the South Island, Australia, or even Fiji!
This is a great internship opportunity that will allow interns to develop their photography skills, from taking pictures to developing them.Placement will be with a dealer gallery in Wellington that has photographic facilities and services including studio and darkroom hire and high-quality digital and film-based photography for commercial, portrait and wedding assignments. The studio also runs photography courses.
Interns will get to assist with the operation of the gallery and studio, and even assist at photo-shoots! This internship can be combined, with multiple photography assignments, involving other organizations looking for a skilled photographer.
All internship programs in New Zealand include the following:
- Internship placement and supervision
- Airport pick-up
- On-site orientation
- Housing - shared apartments with other interns
- Medical and Accident insurance
- 24/7 emergency support
- WI support from start to finish
- Setting Description:
- New Zealand is diverse geographically, ecologically, and demographically. Within a few hours you can go from seeing glaciers to seeing the beach and you will see tons of animals native to the Kiwi country. New Zealand is also well known for its preservation and recognition of the indigenous culture, the Maori. New Zealanders are known for having a “Kiwi ingenuity,” meaning you can expect to find the locals friendly, independent, and adventure-seeking.
Wellington is known for being the multi-cultural and vibrant city in New Zealand with its festivals and restaurants, there is always something going on! You can even do Lord of the Rings site tours and see some of the picturesque locations in which it was filmed! Wellington has become so well known for its film industry that it is often referred to as “Wellywood.” Imagine yourself hanging out at a local café and gazing at the San Francisco like waterfront, hopping on a cable car to lookout over the harbor and the city from the
- Please check our website for program costs.