This program will provide interns with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a New Zealand classroom. This will enable interns to gain pre-requisite classroom experience and gain firsthand knowledge of the New Zealand primary and secondary school
- Wellington, New Zealand
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Rolling Starts, Year Round
- Work Types:
- Education, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
- Unique and diverse internship placements are customized to meet your needs and correspond to your academic and professional background. Life in New Zealand is full of adventure and its location makes it easy to take a weekend trip to the South Island, Australia, or even Fiji!
This program will provide interns with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a New Zealand classroom. This will enable interns to gain pre-requisite classroom experience and gain firsthand knowledge of the New Zealand primary and secondary school system. Plus, the teaching of te reo Maori (indigenous language) and culture, along with other unique components of the local grade and high school education, will make this a valuable learning experience for interns as well.
Interns will be placed in vibrant, inner city schools that host an exciting mix of nationalities which offer classroom-based experiences as teacher aids. Interns will provide valuable assistance to teachers in their dynamic classroom environment and may also work with special needs children since they are mainstreamed at most schools and require more attention.
All internship programs in New Zealand include the following:
- Internship placement and supervision
- Airport pick-up
- On-site orientation
- Housing - shared apartments with other interns
- Medical and Accident insurance
- 24/7 emergency support
- WI support from start to finish
- Setting Description:
- New Zealand is diverse geographically, ecologically, and demographically. Within a few hours you can go from seeing glaciers to seeing the beach and you will see tons of animals native to the Kiwi country. New Zealand is also well known for its preservation and recognition of the indigenous culture, the Maori. New Zealanders are known for having a “Kiwi ingenuity,” meaning you can expect to find the locals friendly, independent, and adventure-seeking.
Wellington is known for being the multi-cultural and vibrant city in New Zealand with its festivals and restaurants, there is always something going on! You can even do Lord of the Rings site tours and see some of the picturesque locations in which it was filmed! Wellington has become so well known for its film industry that it is often referred to as “Wellywood.” Imagine yourself hanging out at a local café and gazing at the San Francisco like waterfront, hopping on a cable car to lookout over the harbor and the city from the
- Please check our website for program costs.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program