This internship program is set up in one of the most biologically diverse countries on the planet! The land itself is a great learning environment and includes everything from mountains to oceans. You can intern in fields such as conservation, botany, wil
- Quito, Ecuador
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Rolling Starts, Year Round
- Work Types:
- Animal Sciences, Sciences & Environment
- Program Description:
- Get hands on experience through a custom internship by working in an orphanage, a clinic, or an eco-tourism foundation. There’s no better way to gain experience for your resume, improve your Spanish, and immerse yourself in this "megadiverse" country.
Most of our internship placements will be located in Quito with arrival dates on the second or fourth Saturday of each month the whole year round. Our start dates are on rolling basis with programs that can last from 4 up to 16 weeks.
This internship program is set up in one of the most biologically diverse countries on the planet! The land itself is a great learning environment and includes everything from mountains to oceans. You can intern in fields such as conservation, botany, wildlife, ecology and more! Your placement will allow you to work side by side farmers, local citizens, and educators in locations such as Quito, the Galapagos Islands, or Bahia.
All internship programs in Ecuador include the following:
- Internship placement and supervision
- Airport pick-up
- On-site orientation
- Housing - Homestay (Breakfast and Dinner included)
- Intensive Spanish language instruction - 24 lessons
- Cultural immersion activities
- Medical and Accident Insurance
- 24/7 emergency support
- WI support services from start to finish
- Setting Description:
- The Andean city of Quito is located in a valley, between mountains, at the base of an active volcano, Pichincha. The busy city of Quito is nicely balanced out by the lush scenery that surrounds the town, so whether you are a city slicker or a country bumpkin, you are sure to find yourself at home! Keeping with Spanish influences, the city has its main city square, Plaza de Independencia. UNESCO established Quito as a World Heritage site and described it as having "the best-preserved, least-altered historic center in Latin America.
The urban city of Quito is comprised of 32 different parishes, with two main neighborhoods, Old Town and New Town. Old Town is the main historic center and has preserved much of it's colonial history. Here you will find old churches, monasteries, and theatres. Venture into New Town or La Mariscal, often called "Gringolandia" for it's popularity with Western tourists, and you will find upscale restaurants, bars, clubs, and cafes.
- Please check our website for the cost details.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program