Interns with an interest in visual arts and museum studies, or who are looking to have a career in exhibition management, collection, arts marketing, or tourism management will benefit from this exciting opportunity to work in one of the city's many insti
- Wellington, New Zealand
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Year Round
- Work Types:
- Arts & Architecture, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
- Unique and diverse internship placements are customized to meet your needs and correspond to your academic and professional background. Life in New Zealand is full of adventure and its location makes it easy to take a weekend trip to the South Island, Australia, or even Fiji!
Interns with an interest in visual arts and museum studies, or who are looking to have a career in exhibition management, collection, arts marketing, or tourism management will benefit from this exciting opportunity to work in one of the city's many institutions. Interns will be placed in institutions that embrace their diverse community with exhibitions, events and public programs like seminars and workshops. The institutions range from social, maritime and transport museums to cutting-edge contemporary art galleries with traditional and contemporary art and social history exhibitions.
All internship programs in New Zealand include the following:
- Internship placement and supervision
- Airport pick-up
- On-site orientation
- Housing - shared apartments with other interns
- Medical and Accident insurance
- 24/7 emergency support
- WI support from start to finish
- Setting Description:
- New Zealand is diverse geographically, ecologically, and demographically. Within a few hours you can go from seeing glaciers to seeing the beach and you will see tons of animals native to the Kiwi country. New Zealand is also well known for its preservation and recognition of the indigenous culture, the Maori. New Zealanders are known for having a “Kiwi ingenuity,” meaning you can expect to find the locals friendly, independent, and adventure-seeking.
Wellington is known for being the multi-cultural and vibrant city in New Zealand with its festivals and restaurants, there is always something going on! You can even do Lord of the Rings site tours and see some of the picturesque locations in which it was filmed! Wellington has become so well known for its film industry that it is often referred to as “Wellywood.” Imagine yourself hanging out at a local café and gazing at the San Francisco like waterfront, hopping on a cable car to lookout over the harbor and the city from the
- Please check our website for program costs.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program