- Ubud, Indonesia
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Animals, Children, Construction, Disaster Relief, Education, Environment, Health
- 1-2 weeks, 3-4 weeks, 1-3 months, 4-6 months, 7-11 months, 1 year
- Program Description:
World Endeavors offers exciting programs that allow participants to experience Indonesia while contributing to the community in a meaningful way. Volunteers choose from a variety of immersive, unique projects, like Relief & Reconstruction, Mangrove Conservation, IT Skills Training to Balinese high school students, or Komodo Dragon Conservation!
Indonesia, a Southeast Asian nation made up of thousands of volcanic islands, is home to hundreds of ethnic groups speaking many different languages. It is known for its beaches, volcanoes and jungles sheltering elephants, tigers and Komodo dragons.
Volunteer projects are available in Bali, Flores and Lombok.
- Immerse yourself in a new culture, while sharing your time and talents in a program that combines volunteering and community engagement.
- Make new friends with people from all over the world and broaden your international network.
- Choose from a range of projects close to your heart, in fields like community development, environmental conservation, health education, teaching, and wildlife conservation.
- Explore the plentiful temples, pristine beaches and magnificent surf spots of the Indonesian archipelago!
- Discover the rare, exotic marine life and wildlife of this island nation.
- Setting Description:
- Projects are available in Bali, Flores and Lombok. With its pristine beaches, its unspoilt waters ideal for surfing and diving, its lush mountains, its never-ending rice terrace and volcanic hillsides, its spiritually-infused culture and more, Bali has quickly become a must-visit and it often makes its way on everyone’s bucket list. Flores is the home to some of the world's most exotic wildlife and marine life, and is the only place in the world where you can see Komodo Dragons living in their natural environment. It has adventure, eco-tours, and mountain climbing interspersed with prehistoric heritage sites, traditional villages and cultural events. Lombok is known for picturesque beaches and is a prime surfing spot. The island’s northern area is dominated by the remarkable bulk of Gunung Rinjani, and trekking at least part of the way up is the reason many travelers come to Lombok.
- Please visit the World Endeavors website to learn more about program fees.