The mission of Westminster College is to help men and women develop competencies, commitments, and characteristics which have distinguished human beings at their best. The liberal arts tradition is the foundation of the curriculum.
- New Wilmington, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
The Biology program at Westminster College offers small class sizes, professors focused on student achievement, and a transformative educational experience that prepares students for numerous career paths. Students begin with Foundations courses in the areas of cell biology and genetics, evolution form and function, ecology and biodiversity, and biostatistics. Upon successful completion of these introductory courses, students enroll in advanced courses where they explore new topics in more detail and expand on their laboratory and field skills. The culmination of the biology program is an individualized Capstone research project, which allows each student to collaborate with a faculty member as they apply knowledge and skills from their course work to a novel research project. The department also offers field and travel opportunities so students can observe and apply biological principles beyond the classroom environment. Students interested in the health-related professions can receive additional advisement by the Medical Professions Advisory Committee (MedPAC). Students interested in graduate school or research can receive additional advisement from our Research Professions Advisory Committee (ResPAC).The rigorous study of biology combined with a traditional liberal arts education provides our graduates with exceptional placement with employment and into pre-professional and advanced degree programs.
- For students enrolling full time, tuition and fees are $36,267 and room and board is $11,020 for 2016-17 for a total of $47,296. You will also want to consider costs for insurance (estimated $1,200 per year) and books and personal expenses (estimated 1,800 per year.) Please see the information regarding available scholarships.
Additional Program Information
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Scholarships Description:
- Scholarships range from $13,000 to full-tuition
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program