Our applied doctoral program is designed to prepare you to become a leader in your chosen field or embrace a new career opportunity in the private, public, or nonprofit sector.
- Minneapolis, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Public Administration, Public Administration
- Program Description:
Our applied doctoral program is designed to prepare you to become a leader in your chosen field or embrace a new career opportunity in the private, public, or nonprofit sector. With Walden University’s Doctor of Public Administration (DPA) program, you can gain the in-depth knowledge to develop effective management skills and solve practical problems in government and governance. Build the skills that can help you create positive change in government, nonprofits, or other policy organizations.
In a Walden DPA program, you can:
- Participate in residencies* where you apply what you have learned to real-world, team-based case studies addressing issues impacting people around the world.
- Explore the everyday practice of public administration, management, and applied research in a global context.
- Benefit from the flexibility of our online learning format, which makes it more convenient to earn your degree while balancing work, family, and other commitments.
- Enjoy the diverse perspectives of expert faculty who are both scholars and practitioners.
Choose from the General Program or seven specializations tailored to meet your interests:
- Criminal Justice
- Emergency Management
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Global Leadership
- Health Policy
- Homeland Security Policy and Coordination
- International Nongovernmental Organizations
Walden University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, www.hlcommission.org.
*Modeled on the NCI Charrette System™.
Additional Program Information
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program