- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
The creation of new ventures is one of the most important economic issues of our time. This includes start-ups and the development of new activities by existing firms and spin-offs by universities, company expansions, and takeovers. This course follows a sustainable entrepreneurship approach, dealing with all the economic, social, and ecological aspects of new ventures. Much of the content is determined by the students themselves, who come up with their own business ideas and contributions.
This course is for students of any discipline – not just Business Studies – who are interested in new venture creation and entrepreneurship. The aim is to form a very diverse international group. Featured highlights include at least one visit to an institution or organization that plays a pivotal role in entrepreneurship in Amsterdam and a practical assignment to be presented in a 'Dragon's Den' setting.
- You are familiar with the latest recent theories in new venture creation. - You are able to start your own enterprise in any national or regional context.
- Setting Description:
- With over 180 unique nationalities, Amsterdam is a melting pot of cultures and embraces different cultures, religions, and lifestyles. 165 canals criss-cross the entire city, giving it its nickname ‘Venice of the North.’ The city also features more bikes than inhabitants! With a bustling creative industry, Amsterdam offers plenty of cultural activities and events throughout the year. In Amsterdam you can benefit from the advantages of a big city with enough quiet spots to kick back and relax.
- 1000 EUR. The VU Amsterdam Summer School offers ten scholarships that cover the full tuition and housing fees of one course. Information about how to apply for the scholarship will be posted on the VU Amsterdam Summer School website.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- The VU Amsterdam Summer School offers ten scholarships that cover the full tuition and housing fees of one course. Information about how to apply for the scholarship will be posted on the VU Amsterdam Summer School website.
Based on 2 Reviews
- Beautiful City With Nice People08/10/17
It's a great trip to Amsterdam here. Amsterdan is a beautiful city with a beautiful scenery. But what I like best is the people here. You can get help everywhere and everyone is ready to help you. So it's a nice experience to study here for two weeks.
The course I take is really interesting. Our professor is very kind. And he provides us varies of ways to study the business idea. We have the excursion time,the classes time and also the discussion time. It's very interesting. The condition of accommodation is nice, but there is no WiFi in the campus dormitory. It's a pity and inconvenient to do some works. The students are very kind,too. It's a cheerful experience to do the teamwork with them.read moreBottom Line:No, I would not recommend this to a friend
- VU Summer School08/10/17Love this course! Great for students learning business. There is a great balance of hard work and fun excursions used to explore Amsterdam. I recommend this program to anyone looking to study abroad in Europe!Bottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend