- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
English is the language of higher education, in the Netherlands and elsewhere. If you want to bring your English to the required level for academic studies, Essential Academic English (B2) is just the thing for you. This course will give your English a tremendous boost in a short period of time. You will improve your English in an active, positive and results-oriented learning environment. On top of that, it is great fun!
The course, which uses a wide variety of active teaching methods, covers the following topics:
- Writing (paraphrasing, summarizing and synthesizing)
- Listening (listening to lectures and note-taking)
- Speaking (discussion, academic presentations and scenarios)
- Reading (reading academic texts)
- Academic language (grammar and vocabulary)
Your course instructor will guide you through the course book. You will cover subjects that include education, culture in general and Dutch culture in particular, sustainability, governance, the connected world. You will be expected to actively participate in discussions on these subjects. The instructor will be there to help you and make sure that you feel at home in class.
- Setting Description:
- With over 180 unique nationalities, Amsterdam is a melting pot of cultures and embraces different cultures, religions, and lifestyles. 165 canals criss-cross the entire city, giving it its nickname ‘Venice of the North.’ The city also features more bikes than inhabitants! With a bustling creative industry, Amsterdam offers plenty of cultural activities and events throughout the year. In Amsterdam you can benefit from the advantages of a big city with enough quiet spots to kick back and relax.
- 1150 EUR. The tuition fee includes: • Airport pick-up service • Welcome goodie bag • Orientation programme • Course excursions • On-site support • Emergency assistance • Transcript of records after completion of the course
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- The VU Amsterdam Summer School offers ten scholarships that cover the full tuition and housing fees of one course. Information about how to apply for the scholarship will be posted on the VU Amsterdam Summer School website.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program