- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
With the increasing use of alternative software packages like R in data analysis, now is the time to learn their ins and outs. This course focuses on understanding statistical models and analysing the results whilst learning to work with R. In addition to introducing the software to newcomers, it presents basic and more advanced statistics using an overarching framework of generalized linear modelling.
By the end of the two weeks you are acquainted with various popular R packages, can write your own functions and can use attractive plots to present your data. No programming experience is required.
- You can evaluate the quality of quantitative data sources. - You can choose the appropriate method for an analysis, depending upon the data source. - You can conduct various statistical tests. - You can analyse data using generalized linear framework. - You know when to use latent variable modelling. - You have developed your programming skills.
- Setting Description:
- With over 180 unique nationalities, Amsterdam is a melting pot of cultures and embraces different cultures, religions, and lifestyles. 165 canals criss-cross the entire city, giving it its nickname ‘Venice of the North.’ The city also features more bikes than inhabitants! With a bustling creative industry, Amsterdam offers plenty of cultural activities and events throughout the year. In Amsterdam you can benefit from the advantages of a big city with enough quiet spots to kick back and relax.
- 1000 EUR. The tuition fee includes: • Airport pick-up service • Welcome goodie bag • Orientation programme • Course excursions • On-site support • Emergency assistance • Transcript of records after completion of the course
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- The VU Amsterdam Summer School offers ten scholarships that cover the full tuition and housing fees of one course. Information about how to apply for the scholarship will be posted on the VU Amsterdam Summer School website.
Based on 1 Reviews
- Study at VU...07/28/16
It was great to be at VU for the summer course.University has a very helping and supporting staff.The environment is very friendly and welcoming towards new students. The course was very well organised with upto date lecture materials and hands on practical
assignments.The summer school is a great opportunity to acquire knowledge and also to explore the Dutch cultureread moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend